Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I can't wait to be with my kitties again..

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
Well I got moved this weekend.. Mostly. I am missing school to finish today. Only 2 more hours of work then its back to moving the last bit.

I got the kitties in their new room at the boyfriends unfinished house. Let me just say that yesterday I cried more than I have in a long long time. They would not get out of their carrier and were squished together at the back and looked very uncomfortable. I put out some wet food and Charlotte came out a bit and nibbled. I know it would probably be no different if I had just moved with them but this was so difficult. I finally just took them out and put them in their cabinet that was moved with them. It had their blankies in it and they both sniffed around and decided they could lay there.

I was more upset than my boyfriend has ever seen me. (I am a generally optimistic and perky person). He was so distraught about me being unhappy that he decided to stay with me at my new residence. (Brother's) We went by this morning and the kitties were curled up together in their cabinet and looked happy. Once we got in the room and the door shut they came out and greeted us with purrs, meows, headbutts, and stretches. This made me so so happy!! We played with them and loved on them for a bit then had to leave for work. I will be headed back very quickly after work. While we were trying to leave Kinsler got brave and decided he needed to try and see the rest of the house. He did not escape but at least I know to watch extra careful for him!!

I know this whole ordeal has stressed them out. Hearing all the packing/moving at my old house but not knowing what was going on as they were in my room. Then to have to go to a new place and not have momma there at night for cuddles :( thats the hardest part for me. I would not be able to handle this without my awesome, loving boyfriend. He is working above and beyond to get this house done ASAP so we can have nightly kitty cuddles again!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Awww, Samantha, they will be ok! I'm sorry you are going through this, but sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and them! You have a very special BF!!! Glad to hear he is there for you!

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I found it comical I got these two pics from the carrier on the trip over.. They have lately decided having less room in one carrier is better than being separate..

image.jpg image.jpg

This morning!
image.jpg

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks Paige! I hope I am doing the right thing. It was the cutest thing this morning when we got there. I didn't even get the first loves! Shane was like "hello my precious kitty loves I missed you!" It's great that we have a mutual love for each others pets. Especially since they will soon be our pets in our house!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks Paige! I hope I am doing the right thing. It was the cutest thing this morning when we got there. I didn't even get the first loves! Shane was like "hello my precious kitty loves I missed you!" It's great that we have a mutual love for each others pets. Especially since they will soon be our pets in our house!

Aww, Samantha - that is so wonderful! Shane sounds like an awesome guy!

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
Update!! The kitties seem more adjusted to their room this afternoon. I got some curtains for the windows and that seemed to help instantly.
Kins gazing at the construction next door. image.jpg Char found herself a high spot! (New cat tree on the way) image.jpg This is their cabinet they love and their litter box is in the black box! image.jpg Awkward curtains temporarily.. Yes I cut one in half for the two sheer ones haha. image.jpg Fourth window. image.jpg He heard something. Check out those whiskers!! image.jpg Char. Silhouette. image.jpg

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Looks like you have them set up nicely! They are lucky to have you, and don't seem too upset by the transition, although I'm sure everyone will be happy when you are moved in with them