1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

I just wanna say -- A random thoughts/comments thread

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Deborah, Sep 23, 2012.

1. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Been thinking about trying this for awhile. Let's use this thread to post comments/thoughts about our SVs when we just need to vent or share but don't warrant an entire thread to themselves.

For instance -- there I was having a nice quiet breakfast this a.m., reading the paper, savoring a delish cup of coffee made in my French press from fresh ground beans and up onto the table hops Juba who sits down 1 inch from my plate, throws his leg over his head (I envy the flexibility) and proceeds to clean his butt. WHY!?? Why does he have to do that on the table??

Oh yeah, and someone threw up a rat in my new gym shoe.

• Like Like x 17
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Good idea, Deborah...thanks for starting this...

And...LOL on the butt cleaning and rat in the shoe ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SV Dad

SV Dad Site Supporter

ummmm, maybe you need a better quality of rat for your cats to catch and eat!:rolleyes: These cats are smart enough to send a message! (jk)

• Like Like x 4
  4. WitchyWoman

LOL. The message he sent was that I shouldn't have slept in this morning, then he wouldn't have been so hungry and wouldn't have inhaled the rat rather than chewing it sufficiently. I sometimes wish they could be trained to feed themselves but the thought of an SV with unrestricted access to the refrigerator strikes fear into my heart.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

I´m not always sure the cats bother to know their real names, but the name they all respond to is pronounced ((sound of refrigerator door opening))...

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

LOL! So so true Per!

7. DocMac

DocMac Guest

I have a cat who knows everyone else's name. When I yell, "Djembe!", Bambi looks to where he sleeps. She goes and looks upstairs when I call for the babies. She minds everyone's business and messes with them all, then runs to me for protection when they retaliate. She's not a Savannah. Guess what breed!

• Like Like x 3
  8. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

From just about the day I got him, Tojo runs in circles chasing his own tail. This all fun and cute EXCEPT that whenever I am standing still (at kitchen counter or wherever) he uses my legs as poles and chases his tail around them grabbing at it with claws extended! You should see my legs :(! But when I yell out in pain he looks up at me with such a hurt face that I always end up feeling bad for ruining his fun!

• Like Like x 3
  9. WitchyWoman

nose prints, windows, nose prints, windex, NOSE PRINTS, WINDOWS, windex windexwindexwindex hahaheheee they're coming to take me to the loony bin.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

I've given up on the kitchen window all others are clean but the cats loll

• Like Like x 6