1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

I'M A FOSTER MOM!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ashley, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

Sorry about the all caps but I'm super excited! XD

Picked up this pretty girl for the weekend. She has an appointment to be spayed on Monday & then depending on how well she does with Kovu over the weekend, and how well her surgery goes she may or may not be coming back with us.

So far... Kovu isn't a very happy camper. I set her carrier down for a minute in the hall way & he got SO puffed up & was hissing and growling and just sounded vicious. :( Her "room" is the bathroom & right now he is just staring at it from a distance.

I hope he can get used to being around other cats. I really want to be able to contribute to animals who need help & fostering is the easiest way for us at the moment.

1) New cat, she doesn't have a name yet. Ideas? :)
    2) Kovu being all emo, he wont even look at me.
    3) Kovu keeping an eye on the bathroom.

Attached Files:

• 004.png
      004.png
      File size:
      652.9 KB
      Views:
    • 006.png
      006.png
      File size:
      673.3 KB
      Views:
    • 008.png
      008.png
      File size:
      542.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

What a great thing you are doing, Ashley! Kovu does not look thrilled..you captured his expressions perfectly :)

You are going to quarantine the new roomie away from Kovu...right? Not only from possible disease, but to introduce them correctly...in case she decides to stay :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

No ideas for a name, but what a wonderful thing to do Ashley! Quarantining is essential as Pam has indicated, but sounds like you have her sequestered in the bathroom...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ashley

Yes, she is staying in the bathroom. I wish I could let her out. She is just so sweet & lovable. She does well with Elijah, she just doesn't want to be picked up. So she hissed when he tried & he took off crying saying he doesn't love her anymore. lol He did the same with Kovu before he learned his boundaries, so I'm sure he'll get over it. lol

She is using her litter box & already ate all her food. I am so in love with her already. I would love to keep her because she is such a sweetheart, but Glenn is a one cat man. So until I can convince him other wise, we will just foster. I'm just hoping I can foster her for a while.. haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ashley

We've been calling her Sarabi (decided to stick with the Lion King theme). It means mirage in Swahili I learned while googling the correct spelling of it. lol Elijah has just been calling her Rabi (Rob-be) for short.

And yes, she will staying the bathroom for a few days. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Fostering can be very rewarding, bless you for your kind heart! Just remember that cats are virus factories and any strange cat should be kept in strict quarantine for a minimum of two weeks to assure they do not have anything they can 'share' with Kovu!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ashley

Sarabi may have to become a permanent part of our family. She hasn't even been gone for 24 hours (for her spay surgery) & I miss her like crazy. Glenn may just have to get over his one cat rule! I can't wait till I can pick her up tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  8. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Way to go Ashley! You said it yourself earlier in the thread....you just have to foster her for "a while." And by the time "a while" has passed, Glenn will be head over heels too. It's called manipulation;)

9. Ashley

bahahah! <3 Now I just have to keep fingers crossed that she doesn't get adopted to someone else before Glenn gets home in August.
    If I were that manipulative I would adopt her now & just be like "Man, they are having a hard time finding someone for her. Looks like she'll be with us for awhile.." haha :p

10. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Kudos to you! I'm sure all will calm down soon :)