1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Just something random...

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Scams and Warnings' started by Marissa, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Marissa

Marissa Savannah Super Cat

So I came across this... If its a savannah Bengal mix for $300, I certainly want in (face palm)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332657847.395317.jpg

2. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

I call scam too good looking for $300 dear, and then anything with savannah is a savannah so still price makes no sense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

LOL!!! There are many breeders who still use Bengals in their breeding programs, so this is not a new thing :) I''m curious as to how someone would know if a kitten is half this and half that...amazing what people will believe!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kristine

Kristine Moderator

My first breeding queen was 1/2 Bengal and 1/2 Savannah, could have been registered as either -LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

But how do you know it was 1/2 and 1/2? I guess that was my point...If you breed a savannah and a bengal, wouldn't it be possible to get more genes from the savannah or more from the bengal???

And yes, it is either a savannah or bengal in TICA's world, correct? ;)

6. Kiangagirl

Kiangagirl Savannah Super Cat

To my knowledge, Ebay doesn't allow sale of live animals on its auction site to that's a red flag right there.

7. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Ebay classifieds used to be called Kijiji. It's legit. In fact, you can still type Kijiji.com and the Ebay classified site will come up.

It probably is a scam, tho.

8. Kristine

Kristine Moderator

I knew she was 1/2 Savannah and 1/2 Bengal because of the pedigree (-: Going from looks only she really did look 1/2 Savannah and 1/2 Bengal. Super light golden coat, really close set ears, big Bengal eyes, short tail, boxy Bengal body. Yes, you could possibly get more SV genes and less BG genes, I have seen 1/2 Bengal SV's that clearly look like SV's and seen SV's with Bengal very far away in the pedigree that look like Bengals.

• Like Like x 1
  9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

OK - got it!!!

10. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Yeah, Kijiji is a real site- although it is really Ebay classifieds. It's just an ad site- you don't sell directly from there. I have used it to advertise to local families- and have had a few really good families come from there. But it's really a major crapshoot (like any advertising).