Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten growth spurt?

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
Hey guys and gals, it’s been a while since my last post. A quick update before I get to my question. I'm still in Europe, but my fiancée brought our little F2 girl home two weeks ago. She is extremely active and social, just an absolutely stunning little kitten who is going to grow up into a very regal queen. We named her Appa, after the last air bender.

So last Friday my fiancée took Appa to get her 12 week shots. The vet said she was fine and perfectly healthy. The shots made her sleep most of the day, which I understand is normal.

But since then her behavior has changed. She spends most of her time eating and sleeping, and doesn’t seem nearly as interested in playing as she was before. She is still very social, wanting to be held or sit next to my Fiancée all the time and "talking" to her. Her little belly is stretched full with all the food she eats. Appa seems happy, purring when held or scratched, and like I said, being very vocal with her talking. She's alert and not in any pain, but she also has not pooped in a little over a day. She may have last night, since her schedule has been to always poop right before bed. I’ll find out in a few hours when my Fiancée gets up.

Is this normal for a growth spurt? Everyone says it is, but I still worry, probably because I am not there to watch her. Thanks for any help/advice.

I'll try to upload a video of her "demousing" her cat tree this weekend.

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
Update: So my fiancee got up. Appa still has not pooped yet, and seemd to be avoiding walking. We are going to try and get her to the vet.

Sunny

Loyal Servant
Let's hope that it's just a matter of wanting to go and her health checks out! I joke with my F3 girl who's nearly a year old in a few weeks and poke her sides if she's gone poo yet. She will go two days it seems packing in the food and using it as fuel instead of waste! But a bulging belly like that without relief does seem out of place. Keep us updated.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Why did the vet say FIP? I ask this as it is surprisingly common how quickly some vets come to that conclusion...and it really may not be. Please be very sure about this, read about FIP on the internet, www.dr-addie.com is a good resource with help in diagnosing the disease.

I'm so very sorry that you may be facing that diagnosis, it's such a horrible disease :-(