Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kittens and moving??

J.B.

Savannah Super Cat
Kittens are pretty flexible. I think he should do okay with all that as long as he doesn't get neglected in the process. I know I go into move-mode and I become like a packing, cleaning, organizing machine until I drop from exhaustion. They say the stress of moving is greater than that of someone dying in the family!

Oh i love moving! My family used to move every 3 years or so, and i've gotten pretty good at it ;) If i'm in one place too long i start getting angsty! I think adding Titus will make it more fun so he will get as many snuggles as he will allow :)

My daughter has moved her 2 dsh cats 10 times in 12 years. Most moves were job related. Her only problem was if there was any small area that the cat could get into and hide, Chloe found a way. The first time she was closed in a bathroom and somehow found a hole under the sink cabinet. After that she would inspect a room for all tiny holes before letting Chloe out of the carrier. Even with that she still managed to get into the dead space behind a kitchen cabinet. This was when she was living in grandma's condo for 6 months while grandma was up north. We came close to putting a whole in the wall to get her out. My mother had talked about there being a dead space and we had tossed around the idea of putting in a cabinet door and creating a cabinet for storing tablecloths and napkins in. She almost got it that day. Plates of tuna usually got her to come out on her own, when she got hungry enough. Sue

Okay, so no small spaces allowed! I'll try to block off those kinds of places so he wont just retreat all day, but still leave him his own little kitty cave somewhere in the room. Good tip!

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
My daughter has moved her 2 dsh cats 10 times in 12 years. Most moves were job related. Her only problem was if there was any small area that the cat could get into and hide, Chloe found a way. The first time she was closed in a bathroom and somehow found a hole under the sink cabinet. After that she would inspect a room for all tiny holes before letting Chloe out of the carrier. Even with that she still managed to get into the dead space behind a kitchen cabinet. This was when she was living in grandma's condo for 6 months while grandma was up north. We came close to putting a hole in the wall to get her out. My mother had talked about there being a dead space and we had tossed around the idea of putting in a cabinet door and creating a cabinet for storing tablecloths and napkins in. She almost got it that day. Plates of tuna usually got her to come out on her own, when she got hungry enough. Sue

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
One of the holes was located on the top of the kick plate under a cabinet so it was not visible. She actually had to feel for it and that is how Chloe got into the space under the bathroom cabinet. My advice is to look and feel for holes. Sue