Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Lets try this again!

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
Well I signed up to the forum a couple weeks ago, when I was just about to sign the contract on the kittens I was supposed to get. However, as some of you may have already read; due to a discrepancy in the age of one of the kittens I was not able to go ahead with that arrangement.

I'm happy to say that the breeder is able to give me another F2 male that he has right now, and I won't have to wait as long as I had originally thought for me to get my kittens. The contracts are signed, and I'm very excited to say the least. :up::up: Now I'm waiting on gorgeous F2 & F4 males. Here are a few pictures of both of them.

Attachments

• nero1.jpeg
    nero1.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 35
  • Nero2.jpeg
    Nero2.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 30
  • senna.jpeg
    senna.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 35
  • senna2.jpeg
    senna2.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
  • senna3.jpeg
    senna3.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 34

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
When do you get them, Daniel?
Well the F4 (Nero) is much older than the F2. Nero will probably be on a flight over to Newark around January 9th. The F2 (Senna) was born on November 26th, so I can't imagine getting him anytime before late February. Nero was one of the original kittens I posted about before, and I was hoping to have him spend some time with the other kitten at the cattery before they were sent over to me. I'm not sure if it would still be possible to do that with the new kitten as it is way way younger than Nero, so I really just have to speak with Martin at A1 and see what he recommends. The F4 is very playful at this point and very friendly from what I'm told. Looking forward to both of them though.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well the F4 (Nero) is much older than the F2. Nero will probably be on a flight over to Newark around January 9th. The F2 (Senna) was born on November 26th, so I can't imagine getting him anytime before late February. Nero was one of the original kittens I posted about before, and I was hoping to have him spend some time with the other kitten at the cattery before they were sent over to me. I'm not sure if it would still be possible to do that with the new kitten as it is way way younger than Nero, so I really just have to speak with Martin at A1 and see what he recommends. The F4 is very playful at this point and very friendly from what I'm told. Looking forward to both of them though.

it is probably better for you to get one and then the other anyway...this way you can bond with one and then bond with the other and then they can bond together.

I highly doubt Martin will put the two together...it just does not work that way ;)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Agreed, with the age difference putting the two together is unlikely...and then if the F4 comes to you almost two months in advance, even if the kittens HAD met before they won't remember each other. It would be exactly the same as if they were meeting for the first time. Two months in a kitten's life is half a lifetime!

So even if it were something that was possible to do (and I wouldn't risk the baby kitten's health by doing that), I don't think it would help at all. Best to just bond with Nero first, then introduce him to his new baby brother Senna later on :)

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
it is probably better for you to get one and then the other anyway...this way you can bond with one and then bond with the other and then they can bond together.

I highly doubt Martin will put the two together...it just does not work that way ;)

Good to know. :)

I actually was wondering what I should do once I receive the kitten. I need to have the kitten examined when I receive it. Is it better to take it home for a few days first and then take it for the examination? I will be taking them to Oradell Animal Hospital in Fort Lee.

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
Agreed, with the age difference putting the two together is unlikely...and then if the F4 comes to you almost two months in advance, even if the kittens HAD met before they won't remember each other. It would be exactly the same as if they were meeting for the first time. Two months in a kitten's life is half a lifetime!

So even if it were something that was possible to do (and I wouldn't risk the baby kitten's health by doing that), I don't think it would help at all. Best to just bond with Nero first, then introduce him to his new baby brother Senna later on :)

Yes I agree. The only reason this was even discussed before is because the other cat I was supposed to get was older than the F4. But I agree, it wouldn't be beneficial if they have a couple months between arrivals. And as you said, I wouldn't want to risk their health.