1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Litter forn

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by Laura W, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Laura W

Laura W Savannah Super Cat

What would you recommend litter wise for a 6 week old kitten? Litter is limited where I live and I know that clumping is recommended until at least 8 - 12 weeks. I can get wheat and corn cob locally. Not thrilled with clay and the dust it produces since I don't want him breathing it in.

2. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Why is clumping litter recommended for a kitten? Not sure I understand that...

I use both wood pellets and Nature's Miracle (corn husk litter) with kittens born here. I don't like clay for any of my cats.