1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Litter

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Feb 26, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Ok, we have not had a discussion on litter and I think it may be helpful to discuss! So what type of litter do you use and are you happy with it?

2. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

Perfect timing! Just finishing up my preparations for Matojo coming next Sunday or Monday. The breeder uses Sweatscoop so I bought that for now, but heard World's Best is good/better?

3. Dantes

Dantes Guest

4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Really good article...thanks for posting...but there is no conclusive evidence...all I know is that I use world's best mixed with Nature's Miracle...works well and virtually no smell...

I am going to try the Equine Fresh Pine Pellets very soon!

5. beekeeper

beekeeper

We use pine shavings

6. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

We have just moved to them. So far, I like them.

7. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I was just reading about mixing equine fresh with pine shavings...you need to be careful with pine shavings if they are not treated like equine fresh because softwood shaving like pine give off phenols and acids that are toxic...

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

do you mist them down so they are not so hard?

9. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I am going to very them and mist them down and see what happens ;)