Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Looking for advice

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Alright people. I have caved. In the next year- two years, we are going to bring home a little girl. f1 or f2. She will be a pet.

All three of our boys (f3, f4, f5) came from Martin and Kathrin at A1, and our little girl will come from somewhere else.

I don't care about size, or looks, but I care a lot about temperament. I want your advice. Where would you go to buy? What do you like or not like about your F1 or F2 girls? What do you suggest I look for?

I know this is not going to be inexpensive, but what breeders do you suggest?

Thank you :)

Nikki

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'd suggest breeders that participate on this forum :)

Specifically for F1s it is difficult as there really aren't a lot of breeders to choose from. I'd suggest Sue of Amara or Rise" of Sadies...

Trish produces lovely F2s...and if you don't mind non-standards then that might be a great option as sometimes she has the spotted and white cuties :)

NikkiA

Site Supporter
I'd suggest breeders that participate on this forum :)

Specifically for F1s it is difficult as there really aren't a lot of breeders to choose from. I'd suggest Sue of Amara or Rise" of Sadies...

Trish produces lovely F2s...and if you don't mind non-standards then that might be a great option as sometimes she has the spotted and white cuties :)

Bridgette, I love non-standards :)
D has a tail that drags on the ground :)
Jarvis has a Lockett
Mickey is a snow :)

I couldn't care less about color or spots to be honest, and I'm not in a rush. I know many f1 and f2 girls are used as breeders, and not many are pets... I know this will take time, and not be inexpensive, and I'm ok with than :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Nikki, just keep an eye out over the next year or two...much can change...I agree with Brigitte as far as the breeders on this forum...Sue breeds both F1's and F2's, Trish breeds F2's, Patti breeds F2's, Cynthia breeds F2's, Rise of Sadies breeds F1's and F2's and while she is not on the forum, she is an awesome breeder...Donna Pinillos of Exotico breeds F2's and will be breeding F1's..I will be breeding F2's in the next two years, hopefully...Shelby Sanford breeds F2's...I would keep an eye on the breeders here first...or the breeders who are recommended here :p

John Popp

Site Supporter
I've only dealt with two breeders for SVs and Sue from Amara provided us a very well socialized f1 boy. Hard to believe how sweet he is and pretty much shattered what I had heard about how sociable an f1 is. A few sniffs to make sure the strangers ok, a gentle nudge and a few minutes later checks out if they're more efficient at playing fetch than the servants. I'm sure that all comes from the great environment sue provides for her kittens and we couldn't be happier with Dino.