Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Must I deworm again?

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I looked it up I do see that as a common practice idk why I didn't know that. I heard that wormers can have an arsenic derivative in it to kill tape worm and it can hurt the cat if not given enough time to clear their system. But then I see vet pages talking about treating for giardia after two weeks for three more days. So I guess that's the answer. I didn't see anything for 5 days. But you're definately right about a second round. Ok at least I can get this all over with right away. I already have all the supplies to do another 3 day round for both of them. I made sure to have extra.

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Patti

Admin
Staff member

Different sites say different things, I've heard both three and five days for giardia, but my Plumb's says five days so that's what I do, just to make sure. I don't know, maybe the three days is a new recommendation - it would be nice to only have to give it for three days!

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Lol yea those poor lil guys were so happy when the tprture was over with. Just as I got the hang of it. I found that the best way for them was dissolve in cold cats milk and it makes a paste and squirt in their mouth with a syringe and they get every last bit.

"Those who wander aren't always lost"