1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

My Savannah and my feet/shoes

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Todd L, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Todd L

Todd L Savannah Super Cat

Ok help me out here.

Does anyone else have savannahs that go bonkers over feet/shoes. No lie i cant take my shoes off and relax on the couch if i do My savannah will attack my feet as if it was catnip! I have to literally put on slippers. And when i put on slippers then he moves to my shoes and stuffs his head all the way in the shoe and rolls around.

Now he has figured out i dont were slippers to bed so when he feels its time i get up i get awakened to a nice love nip to the toes!

This isnt that big of a deal but im curious if anyone else has savannahs that do this or does mine just have a foot smell fetish. lol

2. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

All my cat love our shoes, they go nuts too!

3. Todd L

Ok so its not just my cat. Glad to know im not alone lol.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Eolsurion

Eolsurion Rob

My cats go nuts over my shoes. I suspect they are trying to get their scent all over our shoes so that no other cat get any ideas because we are theirs! =}

• Like Like x 2
  5. Todd L

You know that could be very true. Ever since we got our savannah he has assumed the master role. lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. adamcrssmn

adamcrssmn Guest

My shoes all have tiny hole in them... Even the kittens go crazy over them... Two of them were taking turns practicing the "Serval pounce" on my foot this morning while I was attempting to make my coffee, which is a difficult enough task as it since I have ZERO cordination in the morning... LOL!!! It was frikin' adorable!!! (though an unneeded distraction and somewhat painful...) Karma (my F2 Queen) can often be found rolling around on the kitchen floor like an idiot, "wrestling" a shoe... I think it may have something to do with pheromones, but that's purely conjecture...

• Like Like x 1
  7. adamcrssmn

adamcrssmn Guest

My male SVs (even the kittens) and male Bengal seem obsessed with my armpits. Especially on hot, sweaty, days...

8. Todd L

Ok this make complete since. like your arm pits if ive been outside working and come in and take off my shoes he goes even more bonkers than if my feet werent sweaty. I know this is getting alittle gross but its making more sense.

Sounds like my feet will continue to have the serval pounce on them for years to come. =) ahh the joy of having a savannah lol. Wouldnt have it any other way!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Shoevannahs. :p

• Like Like x 3
  10. Todd L

Well put Pam! :)