Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Nail caps for kittens

DChap

Site Supporter
Any opinions or experience? Saw them on "My cat from hell" on AP this weekend and wondered if they would ease my hubby's anxiety about "kitty nails" and consequences since its been 18yrs since we had a new kitten.

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
We were going to get them but my bf found that clipping the nails was really simple and our kitty hasn't had much of a scratching problem at all. :)

a girl friend of mine used them on her cat for a long time and she said they were great!

Per Lausund

Staff member
Trimming claws is easy, I´d stick to that. Mind you, we tend to forget the SVs claws, though not the BGs!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Don't you have to clip the claws anyway to put the caps on them? It just stops them feeling sharp... but the claws still grow and need cutting, right?