1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

New Camera!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trish Allearz, May 15, 2012.

1. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Okay, so I'm a little excited, but not sure whether I should be or not...

So far- my last real camera was broken by the Savannahs and I've been using the 6 year old's digital for the last 3-4 months. It's a decent digital, actually, but I mentioned to Hubby that I'd love a real camera and guess what? He got me one for Mother's Day!

This camera is one of those fancy shindigs that has a lens that needs to be attached (woooah- I'm moving up in the world!) and supposedly can take macro photos and all of that craziness. I really want to take advantage of it and really learn all of the intricacies of photographing this crazy breed of cat, but I may end up just using the camera like I've used any other- press the button, say a prayer, and click. LOL.

As soon as the battery is charged, I'll start trying to figure it out. If anyone has any good sites/information/books about taking photos- hey, hook a girl up. I really have no clue with photos- I just snap away until I get pics I like.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sue

Sue Savannah Super Cat

What kind did you get? My son is big into photography. Last year we got him a Nikon D5100 ( I think). He also took photography in HS. I'm lucky if I get everyone in the picture since I have astigmatism. At least with the digital cameras I have a chance. Sue

3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

It's actually a Sony- I asked Hubby why not a Canon or Nikon since they are the big names, but he said this one has really great reviews. So far, I'm enjoying it!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Oooh, that's a nice pic for your first try. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one with, uhhh, distressed furniture:p

5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Bwahahaha- I know, huh? The sad thing is, Deborah- this is an almost new breakfast nook!!! We knew they'd claw it up- it's made out of that crap leather and not Savannah proof!

Okay, so the camera is a Sony Alpha SLT-57 (I think).

6. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

I just keep consoling myself with the thought that people pay lots of money for distressed leather furniture and I got mine free!

• Like Like x 3
  7. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Trish, that is a great pic and Abu is really growing - nice legs ;)

Also, glad to hear you have a real camera - LOL!!! My local camera store actually gave me free lessons...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Here's two more- Obi in a darker light and Obi and Abu snuggling... I'm really liking this new camera- have to actually take the time to learn about it though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Obi is really quite handsome as is Abu - they look so cute snuggling together.

• Like Like x 1