1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

New member of the family...

Discussion in 'Non-Savannah Photos and Videos' started by LizK, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LizK

LizK Savannah Adult

We went to the Cat Expo in NJ this past weekend. Unfortunatley it was a Cat Faciers Show and they do not accept Savannahs. I also realized that many breeders there had negative misconceptions about SV's. We couldn't resist this little girl, she is a four month old Colorpoint Shorthair. She is very small weighing only 2 lbs. She is such a loving beautiful baby. We are slowly introducing her to our 2 SVs, they are almost 6 months old, and don't seem to thrilled about her. I'm hoping time will change that, I'm open to any suggestions on intergrating a new cat with SV's.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Todd L

Todd L Savannah Super Cat

That is a cute little kitty!

3. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

Love those eyes wow!

And yes many people have distorted views of our fuffy children.

4. LizK

LizK Savannah Adult

Thank u, Yes her eyes are the most magnificent blue, from her siamese heritage, as she grows up she will develop the cream color points on her face, ears, feet and tail.

5. Wyldthingz

Wyldthingz Savannah Super Cat

She is lovely.

6. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Congratulations on you new very cute girl :) I assume she is in quarantine before the intros....usually at the very minimum two weeks...if you do that, she checks out healthy, then you should have no problem with slow introductions after that time period.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LizK

LizK Savannah Adult

Yes she is staying in our bedroom. We took her to the vet on our way home from the show, and she checked out healthy. I had put her in a carrier to take her out with me, and had our bedroom door open, she was safe but the SV's came in and threw her litter and food all over and ransacked her area. It was not a nice welcoming. The SV's seem a little sad and jealous to know another kitten is here. I plan on just moving slowly with the introductions. I rub a washcloth on her and let the SV's smell it. One day at a time here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Amazing!!

9. DocMac

DocMac Guest

My Savannahs tease my older, retired OSH. She is very bossy and tattles on the SVs, so they keep an eye on her. She'll sneak up and "snake-bite" their hind legs then run to hide behind me. The SVs are usually in hot pursuit, but the games ends very hickey when Mom intervenes.