Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Olive’s Pedigree is in!

E

Eixi Olive

Eeeeee :giggle: just got Olive’s pedigree from TICA. I got the 5 gen one as she is an SBT and so I figured that was the only way to discover some of her outcrosses.

They were: Ocicat, Bengal, Oriental Shorthair, Cornish Rex, Egyptian Mau, Serengeti Cat, and a few domestic shorthairs. Those were all 5 generations ago

But so, I know there have been explinations about what SV, SVN, and SVP are? Could someone simplify the distinction? I understand this might not be possible.

Also, I got the “vertical pedigree”. I’m not sure why I did because I don’t know what it is. I just got everything that was available. I feel sad I got this one and I don’t want to say why. What are these reports for?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
SV means Savannah

SVP means foundation Savannah with all permissable outcrosses in the three generation pedigree

SVN means foundation Savannah with a nonpermissable outcross in the three generation pedigree

I believe a vertical pedigree includes siblings, but I could be wrong, I've never gotten one myself.

A foundation cat is one used to create the breed but has other breeds in its three generation pedigree

A cat is considered to be the true breed (purebred) when only that breed is found in its three generation pedigree (SBT)