1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Our foster, Sarabi.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ashley, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

As much as I was hoping to keep Sarabi, it didn't turn out that way. Glenn was being a total ... meanie (haha, I'm sure the word I want to use isn't appropriate for this site) about keeping her, so adoption papers were never signed.

But its all worked out well for her. I got a call from the rescue asking to bring her back last Saturday & she found a home Sunday morning! :) The rescue gave the new family my name & number so I could receive updates. None so far, but I am hoping that they may contact me in the future.

Elijah is having a hard time with her being gone. More so than Kovu. I think Kovu is loving being the only one getting our attention now. lol But Elijah mopes around the house just saying, "Sarabi. I miss my Sabi-Baby". :( Hopefully Daddy coming home tomorrow will help take his mind off of missing her.

Attached Files:

• 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
  2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

If you are going to continue fostering, Ashley, just ensure you relate to Elijah from Day One that your foster is not YOUR kitty, but the Rescue's. Tell him that you are helping THIS kitty today, but tomorrow, you may need room to help THAT kitty and if you keep THIS kitty, you can't help more kitties. Kids are remarkably able to understand helping and when fostering is put into the context of helping out kitties and helping more kitties- versus just this one- they usually become pretty excited about it. We did rescue/foster for over ten years before our cattery started up.

And just remember- you guys did a good thing :D

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ashley

Oh I know its a good thing. It was bittersweet. We enjoyed the time we had with her & she'll always be a special part in our lives, I wouldn't change it for anything.
    And from day 1 I've told him we aren't keeping her forever (even when I was hoping Glenn would change his mind), that we letting her stay in our house until they can find her a new home. And about a week before we had to take her back I kept reminding him in X days we are taking Sarabi to her new home, but maybe after our vacation we can help another kitty for awhile.

• Like Like x 5
  4. DocMac

DocMac Guest

I love the feeling like I'm helping them on their path to safety and happiness. I miss them like a mother bird, but must send them off to fly.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I'm glad Sarabi has found her forever home, and I'm betting you're missing her as much as Elijah is!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ashley

Sure am Patti!