1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Outside cat meds

Discussion in 'Vet's Corner' started by J.B., May 30, 2012.

1. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

Hi for those of you who allow your SV's outside(on leashes and enclosures of course), what flea/tick meds do you use? Do you also give them meds for worms and the like? And if you do, what product do you use? Is there any other meds a cat allowed outside would need? Thanks!

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I use Revolution, J.B.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HappyS

HappyS Savannah Super Cat

My vet said to use Revolution as it is heartworm preventive as well as tick and flea

• Like Like x 1
  4. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

Sensible!
    I would definitely make sure they are treated with a dewormer (remember to include tapeworms!) and an anti-tick. How often you need to treat varies with where you are, you need to ask your vet about this. Remember to treat other cats in the household, too, even if they do not go outside, once one is in contact with the world the rest are as well!
    I routinely treat indoor cats as well, but usually only one or two times pr year, and females before mating.
    :)
    P

• Like Like x 1
  5. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

Great! Thank you, i will try that one! And talk to my vet :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. DocMac

DocMac Guest

I also use Revolution, which works on fleas, ear mites, and certain worms, including heart worms. No heart worm test is required prior to initiation as in dogs.

• Like Like x 1