1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Ozzy's Story

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trish Allearz, May 3, 2012.

1. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I was telling this story to Paige and thought some of you would find it interesting as well... It is tragic, however- so I must warn you. If you are in a mood- this is not the story to read... But it really sums up how screwed exotic owners can be...

http://insyncexotics.blogspot.com/2012/04/ozzis-story.html

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

This story is an outrage...and why we must continue to fight for our rights - and our animal!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

I read this earlier from a post on FB...heartbreaking and unbelievable.

4. Dantes

Dantes Guest

The subject needs to read: Dantes, DO NOT READ! But I will read it anyway and end up sad and outraged and helpless.

5. Pam Flachs

You need to read it and weep...and you are not helpless: you can help fight the laws, regulations, narrow mindedness and stupidity that led to Ozzy's outcome!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wyldthingz

Wyldthingz Savannah Super Cat

I have dwelt with the stupidity of the animal control system first hand so it doesn't surprise me.
    I was told that a cat that I had owned was being held regarding a cruelty case. I had to wait until the court case before I could claim him. I called multiple times requesting that I would receive an exact conformation that my cat was there. (He was microchipped so it would be easy to id him). They stonewalled my request until 'til the day I sent someone to pick him up (2 months later). Half way to the facility, I got a call and they admitted that a mistake was made and the cat was not there.
    It was one of the most frustrating situations I ever have dwelt with. I had to deal with the bulling of the cruelty officer all the way who would tell me all sorts of false info, like how it would cost me thousands of dollars to get the cat back and may take a year. I didn't flinch at his statements and insisted that I get my cat back. In the end, I did, but by a stoke of luck. My cat was born on St. Patty's day so I think he had some Irish blessing that spared him?

• Like Like x 1
  7. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Tears!!! that just horrible.:(

8. Dantes

Dantes Guest

Unfortunately, we no longer live in a democratic state; it's a police state, and it's getting worse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kristine

Kristine Moderator

So darn frustrating and so sad.

10. Pam Flachs

But it's exactly sentiments like these that lead to apathy...just what the legislators want. We cannot just go down with the ship, but must fight these absurd laws and proposed bans the best we can!

• Like Like x 2