Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Parsippany NJ Show

admin

Paige
Staff member
So I am helping to clerk at the Parsippany NJ show this w/e (well not Sunday) and it is an awesome experience! Show Hall is gorgeous, show is packed (250+ cats) and just a great time! Attached is a pic of one of the vendor booths - I could not resist - let me know what you think...and more on the show tomorrow!!!

show-stopper_sm.jpg

Trish Allearz

Oh, that looks like a fun vendor's booth! I am jealous- would love to be at a show versus sitting around this weekend! Let us know how it goes and share more pics!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I didn't take any more pics - too busy today...but clerking (asst clerking) gets you out of your own world of Savannahs and into numerous different breeds of cats. I saw every breed of cat you can think of and thought my favorite was the OS (Oriental Shorthair) until I saw the HHP's (household pets)...at the HHP finals, Kim Tomlin, who was the judge I was working with today, asked all the owners to tell their story about the cat - where did the cat come from, etc. The stories were wonderful and heartwarming. And the cats were beautiful!

So back to the spots booth - there were many, many booths with spotted clothing, pet beds, shoes, umbrellas, the list goes on and on! Maybe some of you will come to this show next year :)

Trish Allearz

I love the HHP ring, but man- it's a tough ring typically! I've shown our one-eyed old man in that ring at two different shows- he took first in a final at his very first show, although his grooming sucked (the shampoo I used left his coat a bit greasy).

M

MK Anderson

Very cool vendor booth!! I would come home with more spotted stuff, LOL... I have a pair of the dansko leopard print shoes and sequined leopard converse love them.

Glad to hear it went well for you :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
I love the HHP ring, but man- it's a tough ring typically! I've shown our one-eyed old man in that ring at two different shows- he took first in a final at his very first show, although his grooming sucked (the shampoo I used left his coat a bit greasy).

Yes, it is a tough ring and there were 12 HHP's in the final....1st final is awesome!!! I remember showing Taj as a kitten in HHP because he has a non-standard coat...he hated it and did the usual savannah hissing and growling...so guess who did not win anything...because in HHP, personality is everything

admin

Paige
Staff member
Very cool vendor booth!! I would come home with more spotted stuff, LOL... I have a pair of the dansko leopard print shoes and sequined leopard converse love them.

Glad to hear it went well for you :)

Yes, it was awesome! Thanks MK - I had a blast!!!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm sure clerking kept you well-busy but it is a rewarding experience! I love seeing all the different breeds like that and yes the stories of the HHPs must have been so great to hear!

admin

Paige
Staff member
It kept me very busy, Brigitte, but I learned so much and really enjoyed myself. Seeing all the breeds and HHP's was the highlight of the day!

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
So I am helping to clerk at the Parsippany NJ show this w/e (well not Sunday) and it is an awesome experience! Show Hall is gorgeous, show is packed (250+ cats) and just a great time! Attached is a pic of one of the vendor booths - I could not resist - let me know what you think...and more on the show tomorrow!!!

View attachment 15
I love it. I'm actually going to be there hopefully and for once meet a Savannah cat. It will be my first time attending a cat show so I'll be sure to check back tomorrow for more information.