Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Pictures before/after Fuzzy

TaiShu

Savannah Super Cat
(I hope the category fits best for this request)

As Savannah and Bengal cats have a fuzzy phase from early kitten stage to around 1,5y age I'm wondering if someone has pictures of kittens

- before the phase starts
- in the strongest part of the phase
- after the phase is over

I was reading about it every know and then but never saw it in pictures and am really curious.

Thanks,
Chris

Katastrophe

Savannah Super Cat
Wow! Thanks Pam, I never realized how much the "fuzzies" changed the look of a kittens fur!
My question is, why do they go through this? I seem to remember reading something about it at some point in time but can't remember. I'm sure you guys could explain it better than Google anyway!

TaiShu

Savannah Super Cat
Pam, he's so damn cute. How can someone not fall in love with him? Thanks for the pictures.

The fuzzy stage from what I've read is the case with all wild cats. They have it as it's easier to hide in their environment. So it's for their own protection when they are young and weak. (correct me if I'm wrong here)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I don't really know why they go through a fuzzy stage. Some are way more fuzzier than others; I've seen it in "regular" domestic shorthaired kittens, too...generally, in my experience, the fuzzy coat starts to fade away and the pattern become more defined at about 3-4 months old.

And thanks :) Bob was always one of my favorite kittens here...and one of my favorite adult kitties!