1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Poor Saga

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Trish Allearz, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Sigh...

Well, we had an accident last week that caused a lot of cussing and crying- that was all mine.

Poor Saga managed to skin the tip of her tail- it was just a total accident- it can happen as easily as catching a cat tail in the door. She didn't seem to care a bit, but uh- skeleton tail is pretty creepy!

So my gorgeous black nosed, black spotted, golden girl who was supposed to go to Arcadia with me as a show kitty is already retired from the show hall before she even set paw in it! Her tail was amputated- just an inch- and she's fine, but man- it broke my heart!

I don't have a new pic of her tail, but in this pic- that black tip is now gone :(

Attached Files:

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Trish, I'm so sorry about Saga! Her show career may be over before it started, but she is a gorgeous girl!

And I'm sufre Saga doesn't realize her tail kept her out of the show hall! Just remember...she is still healthy and looks very happy!!! I know your heart is broken and you must feel terrible, but just know Saga is going to be fine...

• Like Like x 1
  3. shelby

shelby Guest

I am sorry to hear this Trish;>( We sometimes have to sit back and say..WHY ME;>( Saga is a beautiful girl...tail or no. I know you are heart broken to have her tail amputated and the show prospect taken away. Just love that little soul and know..you may get a carbon copy from a repeat breeding? ;>)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Horrible accident... it's the kind of thing Babbage would do! but she will still be a gorgeous girl even if you can't get the show wins to prove it!

I've seen scalped tail before, we had a DSH develop OCD and fixate on her tail under stress...one day came home to a trail of blood and a kitty with an almost completely scalped tail :-( She looks kinda cute now as a "bobtail" and it did fix the OCD by amputating it...still...horrible for all to go through :-(

5. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

I'm so sorry, Trish! I know you were looking forward to showing her....perhaps a nice baby from her next year will be your show kitty :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

If I had room for another male- unrelated to Liam- I'd definitely be considering it! As is, if she went to a great breeder home- that'd be an idea ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Awww, poor baby but I think you're probably suffering a lot more than she is :-(

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

She wasn't even concerned after it happened! I was like, DUDE, that has to hurt and she's all, "Love me, pet me!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dantes

Dantes Guest

Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Piano." Maybe you can build her a metal tail tip?

10. jungle boy

jungle boy Savannah Super Cat

So sorry about your girl Trish. I have a question though, what does it mean to skin the tail? What kind of injury is that and how does it happen?