1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Question for those that walk their cat!

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by KMcgown, Oct 1, 2012.

1. KMcgown

KMcgown Site Supporter

Do you walk them all winter? I live in the Northeast so it is very cool here in the late fall and winter. I am not sure if I should be taking him out for his usual 1/2 hour walk (twice daily). Maybe shorten it? It is the highlight of our morning so I would hate to cut it out. I guess I could see if he still WANTs to got out then. He may think its too cold! So what do you do??

2. George

George Savannah Super Cat

I guess he will let you know if he feels like going into the cold or if he prefers to stay home:)
    Hopefully when we get our savannah we wont have that problem, winter here in Cyprus is not so cold. We could walk him on the seafront ( with less people around in Winter ) or even on the beach... does anyone take his savannah to the beach for walks ? :)

3. NikkiA

NikkiA Site Supporter

I live in New Jersey, and last winter, unless it was snowing or raining, our F5 wanted to go for a walk. He may not get very far, but he likes to have the option. If he changes his mind. He tends to either (a) lay down or (b) paw me to be picked up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. George

Is it the one on the avatar? Sweet :)

5. SV Dad

SV Dad Site Supporter

My cats like to go out into the snow on a nice day. They are fascinated by it. I usually have to bring them in before they freeze their paws. But if it is snowing and windy, they prefer to stay inside.

6. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

Kovu is a turd & won't go out if its raining or snowing & since we live in Tacoma.. well, he doesn't get out in the winter much. haha

7. NikkiA

NikkiA Site Supporter

The little guy in my avitar is Jarvis; this is a photo of Diablo, our F5 boy who loves to go for walks.

8. George

dont see any photo attached ..

9. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Juba doesn't like to walk when it's above 80 degrees; otherwise, the weather isn't an issue. He likes snow, wind, rain, sleet, & hail. It never fails that he chooses to go for a long walk when it's cold and the wind is blowing so hard it's raining sideways. That's his favorite. I had to buy myself some rain gear to wear.

10. tkymasters

tkymasters Guest

Kronos will jump on my shoulders when he gets cold or tired. Just look out for the salt.

• Like Like x 1