Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Running out of ideas....

John Popp

Site Supporter
That's the stuff, atlas likes the beef the most. I feed chicken duck and beef, 1 5.5oz can per meal 3x a day. The other cats in the house clean up the left overs. Beef is never left. Chicken and duck are never fully finished by the other 3 cats

I also need to mix it around some times, and re scoop it into clumps for him to eat. If he sees silver he stops eating thinking he is done

Beef isn't a very complete food and has a low fullness factor factor. In other words, your cat may eat a bunch and not feel full, causing them to eat more than other things. So with beef I would definitely be making sure I would get some supplements to go along with it, and when I get my head above water I can post where there are some nutritional voids.

Harp

Savannah Super Cat
Beef isn't a very complete food and has a low fullness factor factor. In other words, your cat may eat a bunch and not feel full, causing them to eat more than other things. So with beef I would definitely be making sure I would get some supplements to go along with it, and when I get my head above water I can post where there are some nutritional voids.

this is the beef can, look at it if you could and let me know if your comment still stands. its not pure beef, they use liver in it aswell. if your comment remains true, i will probably stop feeding the beef then and rotate just the 2 flavors.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/cat/can/beef

D

Dantes

My boy will only eat the canned TikiCat Puka Puka Luau which is strictly chicken in consommé
Dante will nibble it then walk away. Duma isn't interested at all. I was disappointed because this seems like it's even better than Weruva.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Don't get me wrong on my comment about beef, the first thing I look at is will they eat it and am just happy that I have another thing to add variety. I always just look in my freezer and pick a bag that was different than the last, and make best efforts to place supplements that cover the shortcomings of the food. I'm sure I'm not perfect, but at the same time I try to provide enough variety to cover my tracks.

Personally, I eat quite a few foods that are less than perfect, but the next day I wash it all back with a salad for lunch and maybe some extra fruit. I like a steak as much as the next guy, would eat ice cream and hamburgers for the rest of my life if I could. Just not the case, and beef is one of the foods I would feed in moderation.

In nature, stalking this large prey just isn't a reality.

Socks+hunting.jpg

D

Dantes

Just an fyi, petco and Petsmart used to take back and refund open bags of food.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
I know...I need to do this. But I usually defrost 2-3 meals at a time and give them a few tries at it, and then feel horrible bringing back a half finished bag of food :(

Edit: I wouldn't feel bad bringing stuff back to Petco, but they don't sell raw here. I use my local mom & pop store and that's why I feel bad, because it's tough to be in the business when you're the small guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dantes

This is something I am unfamiliar with. Do you have more info about it and the inclusion in Wellness Core?

I'm wondering if that contributed to the aggressive cancer San died from (San is shown in my avatar pic).

Sorry to hear about San. What sort of cancer did San have? My Simba died a few years ago from brain cancer. It was horrible.

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=cat&pid=16#ingredients

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Chicken Meal, Turkey Liver, Dried Ground Potatoes, Natural Chicken Flavor, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Cranberries, Ground Flaxseed, Salmon Oil, Taurine, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Chicory Root Extract, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Niacin, Sodium Selenite, d-Calcium Panthothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry to hear about San. What sort of cancer did San have? My Simba died a few years ago from brain cancer. It was horrible.

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=cat&pid=16#ingredients

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Chicken Meal, Turkey Liver, Dried Ground Potatoes, Natural Chicken Flavor, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Cranberries, Ground Flaxseed, Salmon Oil, Taurine, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Chicory Root Extract, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Niacin, Sodium Selenite, d-Calcium Panthothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin.

He had an enourmous Mast Cell tumor both outside his head and gradually inside his brain via the ear. Sometimes cats can live fine with these if they remain small, but this thing got huge and was causing seizures, poor balance, and eventually he couldn't keep food down at all.