1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Savannah cat - constructions

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by Catburglar, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Catburglar

Catburglar Savannah Kitten

Well - I am building an outdoor cat site/cage and thought - what does the Savannah cat prefer as "toys"? Something to climb of cours, but crawling, bathing or running?

And what about toilet? How to construct a toilet the cat actually will use instead of taking a dump everywhere?

So today I thought - this could be a thread for the forum: Any Ideas or pictures of constructions Savannah cat in the following categories:
    1. Toilet
    2. Crawling
    3. Bathing
    4. Climbing
    5. Running
    6. Balancing
    7. Other

Anybody up for this challenge?

2. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

1. A litterbox will do fine
    2. Savannahs love tunnels and tents. You can find them for toddlers (the human kind) online for relatively cheap
    3. A kiddie pool will do nicely. I wouldn't buy the blowup kind for obvious reasons;)
    4. If youe enclosure is big enough, running might be an option, or you can purchase a cat wheel for them www.catwheelcompany.com/
    5. This is what I made in one of my cat enclosures for balancing, but even a log will do fine.

ChujuOnTheRope.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

1. Maybe a large litterbox like the storage bins we have been talking about?
    2. maybe a hollowed out log besides jacqui's suggestions for running through?
    4. maybe an obstacle course, of sorts...with the ability to jump over, through? Similar to this: http://catagility.com/events/Pictures55.html
    5. jacqui, that is awesome!!!!

4. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Thanks Paige. It was ugly, but they liked it and it worked.