1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Savannah Cat Eating Habits

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by admin, Jun 3, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Ok, so Zuri is pregnant and eating me out of house and home...she eats almost 6 cans of food a day (I have cut back on whole prey), as well as a bowl of Felines Pride raw...I am assuming this is normal...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Depends on how large those cans are...are they 3oz, 6oz or larger? LOL!

I tend to let them eat what they want, I've never had a pregnant queen get overly fat so figure they just need it for growing those babies :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Ah, yes - they are 3 oz cans ;) She doesn't look as though she has gained an ounce...

4. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Yes, my girls act like they are starving when pregnant. I also let them eat as much as they like.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Oh- Vixen was HORRIBLE. She stole food like crazy- even oatmeal!

• Like Like x 2
  6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Yep...Zuri is eating her food, Taj's food and even stealing some of Cisco's dry food ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. shelby

shelby Guest

LOL..FEED HER ALL SHE WANTS;>) She is eating for more than one now.It is a good thing she is eating well. While they are pregnant...the babies take what they need and mama has to take the leftovers;>) Sounds like you had better start stocking up for the little hungry Jacks and Jills;>) LOL

• Like Like x 2
  8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

No worries...she will get whatever she wants :cool: she always does...

• Like Like x 2
  9. shelby

shelby Guest

I did notice that she does not mind telling you to bring her favorite foods to her. Spoiled little girl she is;>) LOL

• Like Like x 2
  10. MasternMargo

MasternMargo Savannah Super Cat

You should try chicken necks :) They are cheap and my cats love them.

• Like Like x 1