1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Savannah f4 cat owners!

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Laura, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Laura

Laura

I am very curious to know how big did your savannah F4 grew? I am getting my new savannah f4 baby next month!

2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

My F4s have all been 'average' cat size. I have one girl who is quite small, but she is an exception.

3. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

you just never know on any generation. I know some f-6 taller an my f-3 and I know some f-3 taller than an f-2.

4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Depends - each kitten is an individual...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Exactly as others have said... I find F1s are consistently larger than the average domestic but past that generation the variation is from domestic sized to really tall, often in the same litter! In the females, they usually tend to the domestic size but proportionally should still look very leggy and lean , you don't mention if your new F4 (congratulations btw!) is male or female...

6. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

Tojo is an F4 and at 9 months weighs just over 10 lbs which I think is average. He looks very long and lean when he stretches out reaching, climbing, etc., but when he sits his size looks just like any other domestic to me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. gahnja77

gahnja77 Savannah Super Cat

i just got an 11 week old f4 male and im not sure how tall he will be either! im hoping hes a big boy hah the more exotic he looks the less slack i catch from family "you spent 1100$ on a cat!!!!" =)
    gahnja.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. NikkiA

NikkiA Site Supporter

Congratulations on your new boy, he is a cutie!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mine is average size. She is still growing but I don't think she is going to get much bigger.

10. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

This is Kovu sleeping next to our cat we were fostering, Sarabi. He's a bit bigger than her, but he is also a fatty weighing in at 17 lbs. We are working on getting him to lose weight, which he has been, considering he was 20 lbs. Not sure on length & height exactly, I've been meaning to buy a tape measure. He is 10 months old.

Attached Files:

• 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1