1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

savannah serval nose question

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by macmanmatty, Oct 1, 2012.

1. macmanmatty

macmanmatty Savannah Super Cat

I have a pretty simple question I have seen lots of servals with solid black noses but some have red in center. So, if i have cat with a red in center nose but very black around does this mean he has a serval nose and could pass a solid black nose on to his kittens if bred with another black nosed savannah? Also do all silvers have a somewhat darker nose?

2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

A black brown spotted tabby can have anything from a black nose to a brick or pink colored nose with black outline. Many people prefer black noses because that seems more reminiscent of the Serval, and your cat could definitely pass a black nose down to his kittens, especially if bred to another black nosed cat.

3. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Oh, and silvers have the same nose coloring as BSTs, as described above.