1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Save the Serval - Save the African Serval

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat | Savannah Kitten Videos' started by admin, Apr 29, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

• Like Like x 8
  2. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

I love it, Paige:big grin:! Very well done....I love Grams with the cat and walker:big grin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Well, you know how I feel- this video makes me cry every time I view it... And maybe I'm just too stubborn, but I cannot see how anyone can support Serval bans and support the Savannah breed. Makes no sense to me at all.

• Like Like x 6
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Me either, Trish...we would not have Savannahs if it were not for the Serval...Should everyone own a Serval? No...But responsible ownership is the answer - not Bans.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

Beautiful composition and well done! I don't understand why the law makers don't consider what is going to happen to these majestic animals when they willy nilly institute a ban!

• Like Like x 3
  6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I saw that they have a place all set up to confiscate these beautiful animals and euthanize them...they should all be so ashamed of themselves. They have no clue what they are doing, nor do they seem to care.

7. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Sickening. Heartbreaking. Sounds like a death camp.....which it is :(

8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

What the hell? That makes me very very sick and very very pissed. Sorry- probably shouldn't say that word here, but it really pisses me the hell off.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

This is a wonderful video and really states what needs to be said... however, I am a bit concerned that it is giving the message that raising a Serval is no different than raising a large dog or cat (they eat with us, they sleep with us). I know that was just a couple of slides of the entire presentation, but to be honest they are the ones I remember most. I just wouldn't want this to backfire and encourage people to go out and purchase a Serval when they are completely unequipped to handle one.

10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Here is what was said, "Ohio will be building a area for the animals they seize and its going to be built in Reynoldsburg Ohio. is that it makes since to have the building with the animals there due to its close to that where the state Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory is. Store the animals there , kill them and bring them to the labs to be tested. "