Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Scammers , dishonest breeders

I have a very sad story . I was not as well educated as I should have been . Wanting a F2 kitten
Janna being the daughter of a vet and knowlagable . I fell in love with my F2 kitten out aF1 Drinkwater Savannah ,Zambia , bred to one of her bengals . I put down a deposit . The kitten was very small but I was told that is normal for a kitten that has been bottle fed . I thought that did not make any sense to me she should have been plump full of kitten milk .
The day Jenna and her very impatient nervous boyfriend met us at my vet office . I very happily had $ 5500.00 in my hand to pay them for my new kitten . She was asking for 6500 for a 10 week old kitten that weighed 1.9 pounds . My vet said she should have weighed at least 3pds at that age and she had to take the poor kitty to the back to listen to her heart away from the fan . My vet came back after she had another vet also listen to my kittens heart and said they both agreed for me not to purchase the kitten because she has a heart murmur that wont go away it will get worse . Janna and her boyfriend bad mouthed the vet to me saying she was wrong and a bad vet that the minute she saw the kitten she was bias .
Sadly I went home with my husband and looked into the kitty room I had prepared for her and understood what a parent feels when losing a child suddenly .
Fast forward to today I'm expecting a new kitty from Zambezi and DC snow canyon savannah.....thank god for Jannel with high principles and good ethics .
I never wanted a F2A anyway . We so dodged a bullet . The poor kitty . Ive been keeping tabs and the sick kitty stayed reserved to me for oh about a month and then suddenly she is offered again for sale .
$ 6500.00 for a sick F2A that the new owner has to have her spayed before they get any kind of paperwork .

I feel very sad for Janna because she did get Zambia for $ 20.000.00
That does not mean she can get away with selling a kitty with a bad heart . Tipicly found when breeding to a bengal .WE SO DODGED A BULLET. I cant say that enough .
I spoke with TICA letting them know and had to go through PayPal to get my deposit back because Ms Stonebreaker refused to do so .
I had to open a dispute since I did not except the poor sick kitten.

Sincerely , Trina

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm very sorry to hear about the sick kitty. At that age it's pretty hard to say if a kitten will grow out of a murmur or not, so it must have been really loud for the vet to say that. I'm glad you were able to get your deposit back, and glad to hear you have found a perfect kitten to join your family. Do you have any pics of your new baby?

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm very sorry to hear about the sick kitty. At that age it's pretty hard to say if a kitten will grow out of a murmur or not, so it must have been really loud for the vet to say that. I'm glad you were able to get your deposit back, and glad to hear you have found a perfect kitten to join your family. Do you have any pics of your new baby?

I'm so sorry to hear this! But glad you posted and glad you were able to get a kitten from Jannel! Please post photos when you get a chance under introductions!