1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Sell by date.

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Diet/Raw Food Diet' started by Ashley, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

Question:
    How long is raw food good AFTER the sell by date?

I was picking up some more food for Kovu & the only rabbit they had was 50% off because it had a sell by date of 10/01.

As long as it is kept frozen & only taken out when ready to be defrosted & eaten right after, how long is it safe to feed it to him for? It takes him about 2 weeks to go through a bag. I was tempted to buy 2, but I didn't want to if it will be bad before he can eat it all.

Thanks. :)

2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I think as long as you keep the unused portion frozen it should be okay - just encourage them to eat it asap! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wyldthingz

Wyldthingz Savannah Super Cat

Cats are pretty finicky. They know when meat is old and won't eat it. I had some beef that was good but over the date and the cats wouldn't touch it.

• Like Like x 1