1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

SoCal'ers Anyone Going?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by ScottKelly911, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ScottKelly911

ScottKelly911 Savannah Super Cat

Just curious if anyone is going to the Santa Monica Cat Show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium held on August 25-26th? Either to show or as a spectator? I'm thinking about going as a spectator and bringing Shelby along just for fun to see all the other kitties out there. I'm hoping to run into a few SV's of all different Generations too! Here's the info on times and entries http://www.zvents.com/santa_monica_ca/events/show/242883864-santa-monica-cat-show

2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

This is a CFA show so no Savannahs (nor Savannah folk I would imagine) there :(

3. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

I was just going to say that.

4. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Scott, the only ones savannahs will be at are TICA shows.

5. ScottKelly911

Ohhh, so CFA doesn't recognize the Savannah as a championship breed yet, only TICA? Well that's kind of disappointing as I was hoping to meet other SV owners there. Hmm...now I don't know if I really want to go lol I guess I'll have to look for a TICA show soon then!!! Thanks for the heads up Patti and Jacq, you guys saved me from some disappointment and some time :)

6. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

7. ScottKelly911

Thank you Patti, I'll do that! :)

8. Kristine

Kristine Moderator

This is a huge show and fun to go to for toys and cat products, but no Savannahs or Bengals, CFA does not recognize them. If you are local though you might go just to visit the vendors and see all the cool cat products.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Yes, as everyone has said... no Savannahs (nor Bengals or Chausies) at CFA shows...they are scared of these "wild and dangerous" kitties, silly people! But as Kristine says, you can go to find great cat toys and cat beds etc...

Just know though that as a spectator you can't rock up there with your kitty in tow, I think you said you were thinking of bringing Shelby to see the other kitties? Not allowed at either CFA or TICA shows. All cats in the show hall need to be entered (for the rings or as exhibition only) and in the benching cages, not wandering the aisles.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

• Like Like x 1