1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Sorte's First Time Fetching

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat | Savannah Kitten Videos' started by Paul B, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Paul B

Paul B Sorte

I have tried numerous toys (including this one) many times now with no luck on getting him to fetch. Most of the time he wouldn't play with anything I threw at all. Just smell it, maybe bat it once and walk away. Sorte just decided to magically start bringing this "krinkly" ball back for me today! :) I was so happy I had to get the camera out. Hehe I just wish it was a little heavier so i could throw it farther for him. Might add a bit of tape to it for weight (they are only $.99 at Petco).

• Like Like x 7
  2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

3. Paul B

Paul B Sorte

Thanks. :) Yes, there is definitely a mutual love there. LOL! ;) No, I haven't tried those foam balls yet. I will have to get some and see what he thinks about those, thanks for the tip Paige. At least those will probably throw further and roll better. I am very glad he found something that he like to fetch though. Another fun way to tire him out a bit. The way he crawls between my legs and drops it is amazing too. Hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

Kovu LOVES those crinkly balls from Petco! lol
    And Sorte is HUGE! :) .. and very handsome.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Paul B

Paul B Sorte

LOL! Of course it's the cheapest toy I've "bought" him too. He always plays with the stuff I make him, but he slowly enjoying the other stuff now. Haha! I think they really like the noise those balls make. :)

Sorte thanks you for the compliment too Ashley. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ashley

Its always the cheap stuff..my son was like that too. As a toddler his favorite thing to play with was a rice spoon. lol
    So far his shiny wand and the crinkle balls are his fave. The crinkle balls are kind of shiny also now that I think about it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paul B

Paul B Sorte

That's true too. I didn't think about the shiny part. I have been looking for a shiny noisy wand too, but haven't found a good one in the stores here.

8. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Sorte looks fabulous! Talk about a soul mate -- looks like you and he are it. Mine never fetched beyond kittenhood. I still try though, only it consists of me running up and down the hall doing the fetching while the cats sit there looking at me with their heads cocked to one side.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ashley

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul B

Paul B Sorte

Hahaha, Deborah that sounds exactly like my previous attempts at trying to get him to fetch. I'm sure he thought it was quite entertaining at how enthusiastic I sounded about throwing his toys and getting them for him. LOL! Thank you too. :)

Ashley: Thank you for the tip. I will have to look around to see if there are any of those little stores around my house. If not, I'll just order some via Amazon Prime if possible (or learn how to make a couple). :)

• Like Like x 1