Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Sv's personalities over time

NikkiA

Site Supporter
So Mike and me are new to SVs. Our first ever kitty, Diablo came home in November 2011. Our second adventure into the world of cats, Jarvis, came home in May 2012. Our baby, Mickey Blue Eyes, arrived in September 2013.

We LOVE our SV boys. We have also learned a LOT. SV are smarter than puppies. They are smarter than some dogs. They are fun, and loving, and charming, and CRAZY. They are cuddly. Sometimes.

We have also learned that their temperaments, and likes and dislikes, change over time.

So I am asking, what is your SV like now? How has he or she changed since your baby came home?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Nikki, you are NOT new to Savannah cats...you have had your first savannah since 2011 ;)

I have watched Cinny and Ixas change, since I had the privilege of having them since they were born...Cinny was always very confident and a bit bratty and the first to do everything...some things just do not change - LOL! Just like in the kitten video I posted, she used to bite her siblings when they were just a couple of weeks old...she still bites Ixas when they are playing, but knows when to stop, which is something they learn while growing up from their mom and siblings...but I have to say, none of the cats but Zuri can make her back down...Cinny is a bit tentative at times toward strangers...she is so much like Zuri, it is scary...but I can pick Cinny up and cuddle her, kiss her and hold her, just as I did when she was a baby...

Ixas has also changed...he had 5 brothers, so was always one of five and they all played and ate together...he is wonderful - so sweet..and he is a very solid boy - very muscular and when I pick him up, I can tell he wants to get down, but he allows me to kiss and hug him...he allows strangers to pick him up and cuddle him - can't get much better than that...

Taj was a screamer when I brought him home at 3 months and has not changed...he screams at the front door to go out day and night now ;)

Zuri has changed, but that is mainly due to hormones, so I don't count that...

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
LOL, the screamer! He is just spoiled :) I think the core of their personalities don't change much at all. I know the quirks and habit that make each one unique get to be part of our daily routine and they do calm down a bit from the kitten frenzies to a more mature athleticism.

admin

Paige
Staff member
LOL, the screamer! He is just spoiled :) I think the core of their personalities don't change much at all. I know the quirks and habit that make each one unique get to be part of our daily routine and they do calm down a bit from the kitten frenzies to a more mature athleticism.

I agree Lori, that the core does not change...Cinny's core personality has not really changed and neither has Ixas! And yes, Taj is spoiled ;) I remember bringing him home from janet's (only a 30 min rife) and he screamed and howled the entire way...nothing much has changed there :roflmao:

django

Savannah Super Cat
Django at 4.5 months just gave his first headbutts yesterday :). I'm not looking forward to his independent stage that usually follows getting neutered, but cnt wait for his cuddly loving stage that usually follows !