1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Sweet little Bella

Discussion in 'In Loving Memory...' started by Patrycja, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Patrycja

Patrycja Guest

~`~Bella~`~
    [​IMG]

Oh my poor girl :/ Your mommy took you home after we babysat you and we've come to find out today that you passed on. Little Bella was sweet and loving. I will miss her so much. I looked forward to seeing her when we came to visit family.

They found her laying on the floor by the dining table, breathing really hard. Rushed her to the vet and he said she was in distress. He asked how far they wanted to go with treatment but they didn't want her in any pain so they sent her on her way.

I only knew you for about two weeks, but I miss you and love you terribly. You were supposed to grow up to be a great cat! <3

2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Oh no.. I am sooooo sorry :-( what do they think happened?

3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Wow - I am so shocked! Any idea what was wrong? I'm so sorry for Bella!! Sounds like at least you cared for her in her short life!! Honestly the woman who just wanted to dump these Savannahs when her mother died should be ashamed of herself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

How very sad :( I'm glad she was loved, even if for a very short time.....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I'm wondering if this 'breeder' is still breeding... I've heard of this ploy too often- particularly in Sphynx... Act like you have to get rid of kittens you indiscriminately breed- that opens up your home to breed more..

• Like Like x 1
  6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

yeah...I wonder :( Unfortunately, we cannot save all our savannahs - from uncaring, scammers and breeders - but we can try!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kristine

Kristine Moderator

Oh my heart is just breaking for you )-:

8. Patrycja

Patrycja Guest

Thanks you guys. I'm sure the woman we got it from had a kitty mill. I don't really buy that story anymore of her mother dying. Hubby's mom didn't say much, she just started crying saying she thought she was over it already.

Her husband said it would be okay to let them roam, and they fell asleep with Bella in their bed. When they woke up she wasn't there. They found her near the dining table very limp but breathing heavily. She said she had a bad feeling. Always go with your gut...MIL said she didn't notice anything that would make it seem like she jumped from somewhere high and maybe landed on her belly or side. I mean, this kitten pretty much clotheslined herself trying to get on the counter for food! If an impact did it, it should have been under my supervision!

9. shelby

shelby Guest

So sad. Bless that sweet little soul;>(

10. shelby

shelby Guest

Was she your kitten...I am confused? Did the vet have any idea what happened?