1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Taji visits the vet today

Discussion in 'Get Well Soon' started by Deborah, Jun 21, 2012.

1. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

At his annual checkup his blood values were off. He has cycles where he eats fine for a few months, then starts throwing up and his appetite diminishes. I wanted to wait on retesting until he was in his vomiting phase in hopes that we can figure out what's going on. He is 10.34 lbs. so missing a day or two of meals isn't good at all. He has been very quiet these last 2 days, very unlike him. We leave in an hour so please send good vibes our way,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Oh, I hope he'll be okay. Good thoughts to you.

3. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

Good vibes. Good vibes...

4. WitchyWoman

Blood work shows elevated eosinophils and lymphocytes. Everything else is in normal range. Urine is concentrated, no blood. He was dehydrated and lost 5 oz. They gave him sub-q fluids, anti-nausea meds and I'm supposed to deworm him if he eats tomorrow just in case elevated counts are due to worms. Won't have pancrea test results until tomorrow.

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Deborah, I hope Taji is ok...sounds like he could have some kind of infection brewing...

6. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I'm so sorry that Taji is not feeling well, I hope that you can get to the bottom of the problem. I find it interesting that the eosinophils were also elevated - is it possible that he is allergic to something in his diet? Has he ever been evaluated for eosinophilic granulomatosis (rodent ulcer)?

7. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Allergies or parasites can elevate eosinophils... so the worming is a good thought. Hope he feels brighter tomorrow!

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Deborah, how is Taji?

9. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Prayers and good vibes sent out for Taji! Please keep us posted....

10. WitchyWoman

He's much better. He started to improve 2 days after vet visit. and I gave him the Drontal last week. He's eating normally and back to his silly self. I want to take him back next week for a recheck blood panel to see if his values are normal.

• Like Like x 2