1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Teeth rubbing.

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Behavior' started by Ashley, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

I've noticed that Kovu LOVES to have his teeth rubbed. I've never had a cat that wanted me anywhere near their mouths so I thought it was odd. lol Is it a Savannah thing? a symptom of some sort? Or is he just an odd ball? :p

When I pet him he'll rub up against my hand with his nose/mouth so that my fingers rub on his teeth. Or he'll hold my arm down sometimes & do it if I'm not petting him like he wants me to. I'm not complaining, it makes it super easy to brush his teeth ;) , but I've never had a cat do that before.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I think Kovu is an oddball :p ROFL

But it's cute!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kronos

Kronos Guest

Well actually Kronos does this too! I just thought it was the aftermath of him going crazy with rubbing my hands with head butts, but now that I think about it I always end up somehow touching his teeth when he comes up for a good ol' head butt session.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

Too cute! I have a few that love getting a good intense chin scratching right at the point on the chin. Most won't tolerate it, but some just love it. They are all weird! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arline

Arline Savannah Super Cat

My domestic rubs his mouth all over me. They have scent glands around their mouths/face I believe and they are marking you. Breeders/feline experts, please correct me if I'm wrong. Both my cats rub their mouths on furniture and other items as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ashley

lol I'm the only person he does this too. Makes sense as he is with me more than Glenn or Elijah.

7. Arline

Arline Savannah Super Cat

See, he's saying you are MINE!!! LOL Silly kitties!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Savannah Super Cat

yeah, both my cats rub their faces all over everything, including me.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Charley

Charley Savannah Super Cat

LOL! Our Jengo just started doing this to both of us - he loves to rub his teeth on my flip flops - gross! He'll actually lay there while my boyfriend rubs his teeth and purr - he's an oddball!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ashley

He's probably like THESE ARE MY SHOES!!

Kovu did it a lot,which is why I made the post. But since Glenn has deployed this past week he's going INSANE with it. He is constantly trying to be in my lap so he can rub his teeth/mouth all over my hands. Especially if I have another scent on them (like right after hand washing or shower).