1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

The Joy of Walking a Savannah Cat

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Mar 8, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I just thought I would share...

it is 72 degrees here in NJ today and Taj knew it...he stood by the door crying to go out and then went and dug up his leash from the box I keep it in. We went outside and he was in 7th heaven...it is a bit windy, so he was chasing every leaf that was blowing around...in addition he had many bugs to catch and flies to jump at and snag...

He was just so happy :cat: My neighbors came out when they saw him to pet him and talk to him...cars were stopping and people were getting out to see him and pet him...it was quite the scene ;) And Taj loved all the attention!!! He is not 100% healthy and has not been feeling well the past few days, so it was so joyful to watch him be so happy!! he is very gentle and comes when you call his name, so everyone was calling him and he was just love in' it...

One of my neighbors is moving to Cali and said when he moves he wants a cat just like Taj :paw:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rylie

Rylie Diorcats

What a great story! I had this cute image of a big beautiful servaline rolling around in delight as on goers ooo'ed and aahh'ed. We'll get Nailah to that point soon!
    I really love the ticked patterns. Is it a dominant gene? Or does it pop up randomly? I would love to have a beauty like Taj in our family!

3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Thanks Rylie!!! Taj is my first SV and he is pet quality, but beautiful to me just the same...

The ticked pattern is recessive as far as I know...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

What a wonderful story and sounds like a gorgeous day! It is beautiful out here too!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nicole

Nicole Savannah Child

Your very lucky to have a loyal and playful pet like Taj. I hope he is feeling better after his walk today :)

Glad to here its gorgeous over there guys! It is freezing and raining in Sunny Scotland... Joys

• Like Like x 1
  6. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Awww sounds like he have a blast :)... Hope he's feeling better soon!

7. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

But GORGEOUS though!

LOL- we live in the desert. I hate it.

8. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Awww! I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Come back to SD, Trish. Can't beat the weather here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I was just telling hubby if we didn't have newborn kittens, we would go to Disneyland this weekend.

• Like Like x 1