1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

The Lykoi Cat we met at the Huntsville show

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lori Greer, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

So one of the neat things we saw at the show this weekend is a new breed based on what is believed to be a recessive coat trait. Named the Lykoi or Werewolf Cat. They are soft and quite sweet despite of the funky look. :)
    Lykoi Cat.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

They are weird looking...who breeds them again?

3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Brittney Gobble- a very reputable Sphynx breeder :) And she has a cobreeder too- I want to say Patti Thomas? I really respect these gals- they are all about health and welfare of their kitties :D Maybe I can get Brittney to come over and tell us more about the breed if you would like?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I L
    I LOOOVE these little guys, btw! Who was there with them?

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

That would be very cool, Trish!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

I think they are really cool looking. I think it would be great to have the breeders here as guests !

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I sent an email :) I know Brittney has a new baby, so it's probably 50/50 whether she'll have time to pop by or not :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

I don't know his name... to busy checking out the kitten which was rude in hindsight.
    Here is the website: http://lykoicat.com/Breed_Info.php

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Thanks for sharing the website, Lori! Isn't Daciana adorable? I love her little curls in the early pics...and her little toes are so sweet :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

Sweet kitten and got a lot of attention and had some of the judges looking at her and talking about the genes and testing they are doing. They have ruled out a number of possible sources through DNA testing and they have pretty much confirmed it is recessive by crossing with a normal coated cat (non carrier) and crossing to Lykois in which case all the kittens are born with this coat. Very unusual to look at!

• Like Like x 2