1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

The Magnificent Savannah Cat

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Jan 29, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Below is a link to the savannah cat pictorial presentation of the savannah cat breed standard put together by Patti Struck with contributions by many breeders/owners. This presentation will give you an idea of what we are looking for in type. Please note: this is a large file...

I should say that I think it was put together by someone else and then patti modified it...I want to be sure credit is given where it is due and will try to find out who did the original work.

The Magnificent Savannah Cat (5 MB)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

Impressive work!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

That's wonderful!!!

4. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Moderator, Clos du Chat Savannah Cats Staff Member

Beautiful presentation!

5. Marissa

Marissa Savannah Super Cat

I have come across that before, and it is extremely informative. I'm very interested in showing... Only problem is though, I can read that over and over again and still find my cats perfect, lol even though they aren't, it is still so hard to see past the savannah standard versus the love that makes mine beautiful to me! :)

If anyone is willing to do a critique on one, or all three of mine let me know, i don't think I could express how grateful I would be just to hear from someone who knows the type to be able to give me a critique of my girls.. I don't mind criticism since I love them unconditionally, I think all I would like is to see how a judge would access them in a show setting! If anyone is interested I can email particular pictures :-D

6. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

This is exactly why showing is so valuable! We all see perfection in our cats (sometimes referred to as cattery blindness as opposed to 'love is blind') until we are able to compare them to other Savannahs in the show ring, and see them through the judges' and other peoples' eyes.

I would be happy to critique your cats, but I will be honest so be prepared... :) You can send the pics privately to patti@jasirisana.com if you want.

7. Marissa

Marissa Savannah Super Cat

Thank you tons, I'm prepared for critique so go right at it, I will pick out pics andsend some tomorrow. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Patrycja

Patrycja Guest

Very informative :)

9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I moved this thread, so it would be more visible. The 2012 version was uploaded today.

10. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

It was great before, now it is awesome! Love the drawings and all the new pics!

• Like Like x 2