Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Today of All Days

admin

Paige
Staff member
Started off with Zeus left unattended on a harness and long leash. Last week he fell off a branch in the backyards tree and was dangling 3 ft off the ground. Luckily I saw it and saved him. He looked quite funny.

Today he jumped from the tree to my roof. I pulled the leash only to pull leash and Minard harness off him along with his collar. I tried to get him down but coulnt. Needless to say I called the fire dept and 3 men and 2 trucks later they got him to somehow jump the roof to a fence and that set me on a goose chase for 15 mins. I took a pool skimmer pole and captured him. However he severely bit me after growling and hissing at me and my friend for 10 mins and then he ran into the house and I left to go eat lunch in dismay. He can get so violent when he is scared, feels trapped, or cornered. I never got bitten before like that. My finger bled for an hr.

When I came back you look guilty then I gave him a long spanking and he just took it because he knew he was in trouble. It actually doesnt phase him one bit. He acted like nothing happenned just an hr before.

I know people dont agree with me on this but some cats like Zeus and Bengala (my female bengal) showed more dominance and are more destructive then most cats. Id say 3/4s of the cats I owned never needed a heavy hand. He needs scruffing, time outs in bathrooms, and spankings.
I dont beat him however and never would.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

You are insane! You should not own any animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well thats just pure bashing of someone on a free speech forum. Ive owned bengals for 15 yrs and my Savannah for 2 yrs. Ive had no problems with anyone in regards to how I treat my animals. Zeus is extremely spoiled and adores me and is very socialized.

He gets great care, food, regular outings. He meets people 5x a week.
Hes well cared for. I dont appreciate your comments

This is not a free speech forum... Read the rules.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Wow. I am completely and utterly appalled at your reaction and even more appalled you would admit what you did to him on a pet forum. I don't believe you understand cats and their behavior, nor should you own any at all.

cbain

Site Supporter
Started off with Zeus left unattended on a harness and long leash. Last week he fell off a branch in the backyards tree and was dangling 3 ft off the ground. Luckily I saw it and saved him. He looked quite funny.

Today he jumped from the tree to my roof. I pulled the leash only to pull leash and Minard harness off him along with his collar. I tried to get him down but coulnt. Needless to say I called the fire dept and 3 men and 2 trucks later they got him to somehow jump the roof to a fence and that set me on a goose chase for 15 mins. I took a pool skimmer pole and captured him. However he severely bit me after growling and hissing at me and my friend for 10 mins and then he ran into the house and I left to go eat lunch in dismay. He can get so violent when he is scared, feels trapped, or cornered. I never got bitten before like that. My finger bled for an hr.

When I came back you look guilty then I gave him a long spanking and he just took it because he knew he was in trouble. It actually doesnt phase him one bit. He acted like nothing happenned just an hr before.

I know people dont agree with me on this but some cats like Zeus and Bengala (my female bengal) showed more dominance and are more destructive then most cats. Id say 3/4s of the cats I owned never needed a heavy hand. He needs scruffing, time outs in bathrooms, and spankings.

You really should get a stuffed cat or whatever if this is the way you treat them !!! and stuffed animals wont bite you back.

Cathouse1

Site Supporter
Understanding the need to be firm with some cats, it still seems to me that you are the one needing to receive a heavy hand. Maybe switch your name to Ron Mexico.

LauraK

Savannah Kitten

This is sad and disgusting! I don't blame him for biting you. I would bite you too! That's the only defense that they have. He looked quite funny hanging from a tree? What kind of person are you?

admin

Paige
Staff member
I thought she was a troll, but she has been posting on and off for two years. Only in the past couple of days has she talked about Zeus like this though. Now he is older and likely acting out.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Also... She wrote a post about the admins that was deleted... It was about how we were judging her and how mean we were.