Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Transition to alternative foods

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Please don't do that!
Any cat food is good, Royal Canin is ok ,but a bit dear.
A piece of good fresh chicken, cooked would be fine.
How F stb is your savannah?
Frances…there is a lot of evidence that a raw or whole prey diet is safe and healthy for cats. What we feed is a personal choice and we try to keep an open mind here and respect people's individual decisions.

When you consider how many recalls of commercially prepared pet food have occurred in the past 5 yrs due to contamination with deadly consequences for cats & dogs, it is difficult to believe that commercially prepared canned/kibble pet food is safer than raw.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Maybe your babies just don't like chicken? My girl is getting fussier and fussier. She stopped eating chicken pretty quickly

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Thank you for your suggestions if any one knows a good chicken recipe we have a grinder but where do u buy the chicken that u know is good? That is what scares me maybe I should buy some live chicks and let them go after them lol
Deedee, I think you just need to be sure to keep your raw frozen until you are ready to use it, then let it thaw out for 12-24 hours before use. A lot of folk will freeze meal sized portions, that way they only need to thaw what they need - so when they go to feed their pets they pull out the next day's portion from the freezer to put in the refrigerator.

Cheeto's Keeper

Savannah Teenager
RadCat Raw Diet

image.jpeg
All products are produced in certified and inspected manufacturing facility. All batches are tested for freshness, E.Coli O157:H7 and Salmonella by an independent laboratory.