Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Travel/Vacation with Savannah - Bad Idea?

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Glad to hear Dexter is warming up to you and enjoying his new home. I'm sure your parents will understand and perhaps instead you can plan a trip for Christmas instead so Dexter has more time to adjust to his new home & get used to traveling.

moondiamond

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks so much everyone for your honest advice! We officially decided to stay home with Dexter this weekend and enjoy our Thanksgiving here with him where he is comfortable! He has been so happy and having a blast playing these last few days, I just can't take that away from him or risk him getting upset at another change in environment. He comes first :)

My mom was more than understanding! She is a true cat lover too haha, her exact response was 'Dexter is just a baby after all and he should be your main concern right now, I think you are right in keeping him home and there will be lots of other weekends next summer'.

Glad it worked out for everyone and especially our new baby Dex. Looking forward to having a few full days off work to spend with him!!! ❤️