Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Triton, the lovebug

C

Coolcat

Just got off the phone with CC. Has already started the bonding process with Triton. The little guy fell asleep on my hubby's lap, just as contented as can be! I told him, "Don't think you're stealing my cat!" He said, "It's too late, I already worked my magic!" I gotta say, I do call CC the 'Cat Whisperer'. He has the patience of a saint, and has tamed several feral cats in our neighborhood. He told me that Triton has a bit of red in him that the photos didn't show. Can't wait to get him home and take some photos! We're probably one of the very few in America that don't have smart phones. CC saw both of Triton's sisters; the marbled, and the one who looks like Shango. All are beautiful. Makes me wonder how hard it is for breeders to part with them. I bet they lose a piece of their heart every time they have to say goodbye.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It's really hard to let them go, I cry every time and I've been told I am that bad I make buyers feel guilty for taking the kitten away. I try to warn them and tell them to ignore me but they are precious to me and it really is hard to let them leave. The feedback I get afterwards of how happy the kitten is and how much joy they are bringing a new family makes it worthwhile, but still...at the time they leave I am a mess :-(

C

Coolcat

It's really hard to let them go, I cry every time and I've been told I am that bad I make buyers feel guilty for taking the kitten away. I try to warn them and tell them to ignore me but they are precious to me and it really is hard to let them leave. The feedback I get afterwards of how happy the kitten is and how much joy they are bringing a new family makes it worthwhile, but still...at the time they leave I am a mess :-(
You sound so much like me (Mrs. CC) ! My real name is Michelle, but my mother-in-law calls me "Mushey". Sometimes I think it's a handicap to be so emotional, but that's the way God made me; and, it's better than being unfeeling. Look at it this way, buyers will have confidence in what you're selling, and know their kitten received top-notch care when they see all the love you've poured into it! :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It would be hard to pry a kitten out of my hands without being aware of how much I love it... I'm not as good here as I am on the yahoogroups and Facebook at posting the pictures of my babies growing up on my lap, computer screen etc but I intend to be better in future that way :)

C

Coolcat

It would be hard to pry a kitten out of my hands without being aware of how much I love it... I'm not as good here as I am on the yahoogroups and Facebook at posting the pictures of my babies growing up on my lap, computer screen etc but I intend to be better in future that way :)
I would love to see photos of those babies you love so deeply!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It is extremely difficult, and it certainly doesn't get any easier over time. The only thing that eases the pain is knowing that the kitten is going to a wonderful home where it will be loved and spoiled just as it deserves.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I would love to see photos of those babies you love so deeply!
The kittens or the cats?
Aug06-12-kissy.jpg Aug06-12-mel-boy-face.jpg Aug20-12-zari-screen.jpg Aug11-12-hattie-chair.jpg
These are my kittens from my last F5 SBT litter...as you can see they are very much responsible for distracting me from any computer work I might think I should do :)

C

Coolcat

The kittens or the cats?
View attachment 6727 View attachment 6728 View attachment 6729 View attachment 6730
These are my kittens from my last F5 SBT litter...as you can see they are very much responsible for distracting me from any computer work I might think I should do :)
They are sooo adorable! I absolutely LOVE the black-bottomed paws on that sweet baby laying on it's back. The melanistic is gorgeous, too! I've always loved black cats. I can see how they'd be distracting...looks like someone definitely wants some attention! :roflmao: I know I'd be crying my eyes out if I had to part with any of them!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I did cry lots, I think I held it mainly together when Trish took Hattie (the last black kitten in that row of pics) but that was because I was giving a seminar at a judges' conference and trying to be all professional. I cried anyway though. Diane took Ajani (the black boy in the second pic) away at ~5am so I was half-asleep but me and Zari cried together in the hotel room that time... and then I was a complete mess sending Kissy (the cool-toned black pawed one in that first pic) off to Germany. The United cargo folk had no idea what to do with me, I wouldn't leave her until the guy came to put her in the van, so was just there crying while Kissy inspected everything as she was totally okay. The van guy was great, very reassuring and Margitta thinks I am pathetic for my worry but it was the first kitten in all my years of breeding that I had shipped out and it was so hard! Luckily Kissy arrived in Germany and waltzed out nonchalantly and never looked back.

I got to keep Zari, the third one along... she's my special girl who thinks she owns me :)

Just worked out today that mama Nadiya is due for a repeat litter sooner than I thought...yay!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I am the same way...saw one of my kittens tonight (he lives 10 min from me) and i kept telling myself i wouldn't cry, but did of course.

I cried when every one of my kittens left, but at least every one of my kitten buyers keep in touch and i get lots of photos and updates.

It is so difficult to let them go, but knowing and seeing how happy they are makes it much easier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2