1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Trupanion Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Health' started by admin, Jun 12, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I spoke to my Trupanion rep today because I wanted to ask why Trupanion doesn't cover breeding issues and I found out they do - something they just started not too long ago...this would not be for everyone as it is expensive, but I just thought I would let everyone know.

They also now cover acupuncture, behavior modification, etc.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Great news... I need to look into this again then!

Wonderful that they cover acupuncture... even if Babbage is needing it less and less now... he's even off ALL his meds now! Yippee!

• Like Like x 4
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Oh, that is so awesome about Babbage!!! he is such a handsome boy and has been through so much in his short life! I am glad he is doing so well :big grin:

4. Brigitte Cowell

Yes, his paw healed up (he's not even limping anymore) super-fast and he's eating and pooping normally and it is amazing. Keep waiting for the next issue... he was walking balancing on the upstairs bannister yesterday :-(

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

OMG - he is a crazy boy!!!

6. Brigitte Cowell

He's true Savannah alright ;-)

Guess he's a good candidate for me to get insurance for as he is more likely to have accidents the way he is! LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  7. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

Tojo tried that balancing thing on the upstairs bannister today. Unfortunatly he fell to the stairs below and let out a loud curse :(

So far we havent noticed any limping or after effects yet.

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Awww...poor, naughty Tojo tri sad:

9. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

Thanks for posting Paige! :) We have been discussing getting pet insurance for Kovu.
    He has some plan from Banfield, which for us turned out to be a big mistake. We are def. going to try to find a different vet and insurance once our contract with them is up in February.

10. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

I am sooo worried about Kovu falling off our upstairs banister. He is always jumping up there, swatting at whoever walks by, so naturally Elijah has to start playing with him. Scares me to death every time.

I hope Tojo is alright.