Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Urgent - different protein or not?

admin

Paige
Staff member
All you have to do its read what it says. You need some of the other supplements they have to make it complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member
UGH!!!!! I placed an order for 2 lbs (378 doses) of the Kitty Bloom Kalac M34 and 3 oz (155 doses Kitty Bloom VM 900+3. Can anyone tell me what it is missing? Hopefully it is something that I either have on hand (like taurine) or something easy to add. The shipment should arrive in a couple of days.

In the meanwhile, I chunked up 7 lbs of beef to tide him over and to start transitioning him to other proteins. I only supplemented this with taurine. I thought about adding calcium but it is egg shell based and I would hate to add another variable now.

I have 3-1/2 lbs of quail that I will chunk what I can and grind the rest. I will need to adjust for the lack of organ meat. Oddly enough, it was cheaper at Sprouts than either Harmony Farms or Hare Today.

Today we drove out to Harmony farms and bought:
  • rabbit - 1 whole cut up in large chunks that I will debone and add to 1 lb of ground rabbit also purchased
  • 1 lb of bison chunks that I will add to some ground that I have in the freezer
  • duck - 1 lb of duck legs that will be deboned and chunked and added to the 1 lb of ground also purchased
The ground rabbit and duck include bones and organ meat.

Total bill came to $78. And that is why the hubby and I ate hotdogs and Kraft mac and cheese today for lunch.

Poor Jammu is still itchy from his exposure to the bite of chicken from last Sunday and the Mazuri that he ate until I could get more meat for him on Thursday. Poor little guy. I was debating on whether to try him on Atopica (vet recommended this treatment) but I am so hesitant after Rafiki's side effect last year. Watching her have difficulties walking for several days still haunts me.

I'm pretty sure by buying both, you should be ok... Just double check with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk