Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Urinating on the Duvet

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
Unfortunately being in Canada, online products are not as easily available to me as in the US. I will look up the products you recommended and maybe there is a Canadian distributor. We have had cats over the last 9 years with urinary health problems and until now, Nature's Miracle worked for us. Maybe Calyx is more sensitive or maybe it has nothing to do with him detecting any residual urine and just the fact he is the first cat we've had that peed on bedding. I don't even think he urinates in the same place on the duvets each time. Once it landed on our feather pillow too.
Yes anti Ichy poo is in Canada! I buy it by the case lot! Lol! I also recommend the Unscented.

Gryphoak

Savannah Super Cat
Already done. Just haven't allowed him in our room unsupervised yet! We may get the courage sometime next week, hoping he "forgets" about peeing on the bed.

Gryphoak

Savannah Super Cat
Yes anti Ichy poo is in Canada! I buy it by the case lot! Lol! I also recommend the Unscented.

That's what I used to do with Nature's Miracle. We have about 8 spray bottles being filled by the gallon bottles I had to start buying!

Which site do you buy yours from? They all charge almost the same price of a gallon just to ship to me.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I'm curious where you got it too...I don't have pee problems with Zeddie, but her brother Tiger has been peeing on beds for 8 years (we just keep the doors closed) . We've always used Natures Miracle as well.

John Popp

Site Supporter
It's not that natures miracle doesn't work, it's just not as effective as anti icky poo and you need to use a ton more of the NM to achieve the same results.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry gotta pipe in here. Yup anti icky poo is expensive and shipping outrageous but VERY worth it. It works GREAT!!! I just ordered another gallon for myself and for my sister. I may even try the stuff on the gasket for my garbage disposal. Vinegar didn't get rid of the smell there or baking soda.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Yep Arline, you get what you pay for. Once upon a time we could get something from a local place called State Chemical on the cheap, although you needed to buy a gallon and at minimum dilute it 5-1. Wish I could find a similar enzyme product so I wouldn't have all the shipping charges and could make storage easier.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Yep Arline, you get what you pay for. Once upon a time we could get something from a local place called State Chemical on the cheap, although you needed to buy a gallon and at minimum dilute it 5-1. Wish I could find a similar enzyme product so I wouldn't have all the shipping charges and could make storage easier.
I know what you mean. natures Miracle is way easier and cheaper to buy but so NOT worth it. Wish I could find something local that works so well too.

M

macmanmatty

Has anyone here tried urine off for cats? I have used it and love it!! It actually has the enzyme that breaks down the urine so it really works.