1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Vietnamese markets

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Diet/Raw Food Diet' started by MK Anderson, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

has anyone every bought raw hearts, livers and ect. from Vietnamese markets? I tired asking the butcher if they were free of additives and preservatives, but we did not understand each other :(...
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about shopping at these markets?

It says southern grown on the package, whatever that means lol

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Nope - know nothing about them :(

3. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

I used to buy all that stuff from one in Fresno. I found that everything was okay except the fish. The fish always made my guys puke, so I'd stay away from that. Make sure you wash it all REALLY well under running water.

4. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I don't know, but I did check out a huge Hispanic market here in town the other day. I found their produce fresher then the places I normally shop at (Smith's and Walmart) and their meats looked pretty good as well :D

5. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Hispanic markets pretty much corner the market (no pun intended) around my house.

• Like Like x 2
  6. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

I can ask my best friend, she's vietnamese so maybe she will know! Or at least her mother might ;)

7. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Okay, that would be great J.B.! thanks!!

8. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

She said she wouldn't think they would use preservatives or the like, they normally fresh butcher. I wouldn't imagine too many cultural grocery stores would actually. If you have a china town, i bet they would have fresh meat as well

• Like Like x 2
  9. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Thank you so much! It's very helpful!