1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Water Fountains

Discussion in 'Links We Like - and You Like' started by admin, Jan 27, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

That's one that I've tried... it's great except Baz wouldn't leave it alone and kept dismantling it. There's a few designs that must just sound funky to some of my guys (Baz, Nina and Coco are the main culprits) and they will just pull them apart over and over. I'll come back to a puddle of dug out water and a pump burning itself out :-(

I love the Drinkwater Platinum for it's ease of cleaning but also because it is one of the designs the kitties usually leave alone...

3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I have been meaning to try the Drinkwater Platinum. Is it plastic?

The Pioneer Pet that I posted is stainless steel and take me all of 5 min to clean. So far, none of my cats have dismantled it, so I'm good in that department.

4. Brigitte Cowell

Yes that one you posted is easy to clean and I liked the design...I do like the stainless steel ones but if they won't survive here then it is no use...

Yes, the Drinkwater Platinum is plastic... I think it is only the Drinkwell 360 that comes in stainless steel, and it was such a pain to put back together after cleaning for me...

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

That is what I read abut the 360...I do like the drink wells but hated the plastic...it was always so slimy after a few days...and I use filtered water, filters, you name it.

6. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

7. Brigitte Cowell

I don't find mine get slimy in a few days, I try to scrub them once a week to prevent buildup of anything and they still look fine a year or more on...

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Ok - well, I may try the platinum one of these days, but I just got a second Pioneer Pet ;-]

9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

10. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

I dont think you can go wrong with either! I got the black too match my appliances, lol. they can both be put in the dishwasher with me is a plus!