Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Weird Behavior...

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
So a few days ago when I got to the house to see the kitties Kinsler was no where to be found.. Then I notice their blanket they lay on is moved. Sure enough he was cuddled up in it like an igloo! He has NEVER done this.. Never really been for one to lay under the covers. I didn't think much of it at the time, but he has been doing this for about a week.. Yesterday Shane panicked cause he couldn't find him. He put food out and still nothing.. Then he remembered his new spot and sure enough there he was. Charlotte has also been oddly vocal. Every time I come in the room weather it be after a few hours or five minutes she meows like crazy. Could Kinsler be trying to tell me he doesn't feel good? There's other places he could hide like his cabinet or the cat tree boxes. I've been sitting on the bed next to him for about 10 mins now and he hasn't came out of the blanket for loves, which is very out of character. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I just feel like he doesn't feel good.. Something seems off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 17

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
He could just be stressed from his introduction to more of the house or the construction noises outside. Sometimes stress can cause bladder infections. Keep an eye on the letterbox to make sure he's peeing. Or maybe it's time for a visit to the vet just to be sure there's nothing wrong, especially since you're not there all day and things can go downhill quickly with a sick cat.

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I'll definitely keep and eye out and I'll message my vet on Facebook and see if she thinks I should bring him in. Thanks for the advice!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
My first guess would be he's becoming more stressed with the ongoing commotion and changes happening around him. Is there any chance that one of the workers could have scared him, e.g., pounded on the door or knocked on a window, startling him? Have you tried to entice him out with a treat or a wand toy? If he behaves differently even when you are holding him and giving him loves, e.g., doesn't respond to you as he normally would or tries to get away, I would definitely say something is off. If he seems to get back to his normal self after interacting with you then he's probably just ready for all this construction and quarantine business to be over.

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
He did come out after Shane came in and talked to him and I got him to play with his wand toy a bit. We've been trying to leave the door open when we can so they have the option to explore. Hopefully we only have a few more weeks! I'm getting them microchipped soon also so maybe a mini road trip would help? He likes the car lol

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
I don't know, my son's cat does this all the time. He loves to sleep under a blanket.